Experimenting with material. I used mostly scraps from bunch of qaspet (plural) I made and left over fur. I measured the traditional fur parka qaliq. I went from measuring to cutting back and forth like the wind we’ve been having lately.
I wanted to make sure the measurements were right.
This was going to be easy- zooming with the sewing machine.
Small squares made it complicated. I think I’ll look for an easier way.
The shapes were true to their form.
It was a puzzle and like a quilt.
Using exact measurements were important.
I decided to add some fur for fun.
The hood is exact shape.
I almost messed up but I paused and thought for a bit- I didn’t want to redo the sewing.
The side are adjustable to anyone’s size. The trimmings are same size as the fur trimming.
this was before the tassels were placed.
This was fast and easy part. I’ve seen similar designs as these.
Before it was brought over to the Alaska Bear Gallery I frantically searched for a manikin.
Frantic no more- I found these 😆
These two became buddies.
Happy spring everyone. Piurci!